Aug 12, 2022
New relief payments worth up to $600 go out in WEEKS – how long it will take your check to arrive
This news has been received from: the-sun.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
MILLIONS of Illinois residents will soon get checks in the mail thanks to new tax rebates.
In April 2022, Governor J.B. Pritzker's Illinois Family Relief Plan was approved, meaning one-time individual income tax and property tax rebates will be issued to those who meet certain criteria.1Governor Pritzker hopes his family relief plan will help Illinois families in needCredit: AP
In order for residents to be eligible for the checks, they must have paid Illinois property taxes in 2021 on their primary residence.
The maximum amount of the rebate in this case is $300.
Their gross income must also be $500,000 or less if filing jointly, or $250,000 or less if filing alone.Read More on Relief PaymentsCASH OUT Important details for August & September as states give relief cash to millionsDIRECT SUPPORT Americans can claim an up to $1,800 relief check - how to apply
But that's not the only money headed to Illinois families this fall, as many will also receive income tax based payments.
The income tax rebate will provide a single person with $50, while those who file taxes jointly are poised to receive a total of $100.
According to NBC Chicago, the maximum payment that can be received through this part of the program is $300 - $100 per dependent with a maximum of three dependents.
The checks are to begin being sent out on September 12, 2022, but not everyone will receive their checks right away.Most read in MoneyTWO FOR ONE Lotto winner scoops second jackpot in 10 years - his strategy revealedCHICKEN WINNER I tasted 4 rotisserie chickens including Costco - there was a clear winnerLULU WHO? I found five dupes for Lululemon items on Amazon - and you can save up to 70%TAKE NOTE I won $100k on the lottery - The advice that helped me find the winning ticket
Illinois Comptroller Susanna Mendoza, whose office is managing the process, says distribution will take around eight weeks.
Those who filled out the 2021 IL-1040 tax form will receive their rebates automatically.
Illinois residents who haven't filed individual income tax returns or completed the form can still claim their rebate by filling out the form online.
Just like with the income tax rebates, property owners who completed the IL-1040 form will receive rebates automatically.
Property owners can still receive that rebate as long as they fill out the IL-1040 form by October 17.SWEET RELIEF
Illinois is not the only state sending out tax-related relief to its residents.
Thousands of taxpayers in Hawaii are set to get a one-time tax refund within weeks.
Individuals making less than $100,000 annually will receive a $300 rebate.
Those with income over that threshold but under $200,000, can get $100.
A family of four could pocket a refund worth $1,200.
According to Hawaii’s Department of Taxation, the refunds are expected to be sent out during the last week of August.
But, paper checks will take longer to arrive, officials warn.
Families in Connecticut had until July 31 to apply for child tax credits worth $250 per child in a household, with the maximum amount residents can receive being $750.Read More on The US SunHAMMER TIME Armie Hammer goes shirtless & reveals bizarre new tattoo in rare public outingCHICKEN WINNER I tasted 4 rotisserie chickens including Costco - there was a clear winner
Any Connecticut parent who claimed at least one child, 18 or younger, on their 2021 taxes can get the child tax credit.
Governor Ned Lamont said he expects payments to be sent out in August.
News Source: the-sun.com
Tags: child tax credits money us individual income tax illinois residents will receive their illinois families child tax credit relief payments property owners to be sent out will receive the income tax completed residents family relief property tax according not the only read families the program tax rebates
Tyson Fury’s US promoter says Eddie Hearn is ‘doing whatever he can’ to prevent Anthony Joshua from fighting Gypsy King
EDDIE HEARN has been accused of "doing whatever he can" to prevent Anthony Joshua from fighting Tyson Fury.
The heavyweight stars are still in talks for a December 3 Battle of Britain at Cardiff's Principality Stadium.2Anthony Joshua pictured with promoter Eddie HearnCredit: PA:Press Association
AJ has had the contract for almost two weeks with broadcasters DAZN, BT Sport and ESPN also thrashing out a network deal.
But Hearn insisted the paperwork is not yet ready to be signed as they go through the finer terms and conditions.
That has led Hall of Famer Bob Arum to doubt that Joshua's promoter truly wants the fight to go ahead.
Arum said on talkSPORT: “Eddie Hearn is stalling everything, because he doesn’t want the fight to happen.READ MORE in BOXINGWATER NICE GUY Anthony Joshua leaves Marathon runners stunned as he hands out drinks
"And why doesn’t he want the fight to happen? Because Joshua’s lost three out of his last five fights and he figures to lose again if he fights Tyson Fury and so Eddie is in effect being an impediment.
“I don’t know of any issues, he sends a draft and then Frank and George [Warren] reply and then we don’t hear from Eddie for days, he’s stalling until it dies of its own volition.
"I don’t think Joshua is part of that. I think Joshua for whatever reason wants the fight to happen, I know Tyson Fury does.
“But, Eddie doesn’t and so Eddie is doing whatever he can to prevent the fight from happening.Most read in SportSOCCER STAR Everything to know about JJ Watt's wife, KealiaSHOCK ADMISSION JJ Watt reveals major health scare after someone tried to leak private infoOFF-FIELD SCANDAL Inside the wild Antonio Brown controversies after he flashed hotel guestsORANGE CRUSH Paige VanZant sends fans wild as she poses in nothing but orange underwear
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS - BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
"From Eddie’s standpoint, he believes he has a valuable asset in Joshua who has now lost three out of five fights and figures to lose again, which could make it four out of six and it would make him a lot less valuable after the event, so he’s trying to prevent it from happening."
Joshua, 32, suffered consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk, 35, most recently in August in Saudi Arabia.
Usyk was in line to unify his belts against Fury, 34, but the Ukrainian ruled himself out until next year to recover from injuries.
That caused AJ to receive a surprise WBC title fight offer after accepting to concede a 60/40 financial split.
But Arum warned not to fault Fury if the fight does not come to fruition.
He said: “You can’t make a fight unless somebody agrees to the contract and if you put him in a torture chamber, he still wouldn’t agree to the contract.
"There’s no issues, if there was some issues then I could see it but there are no issues.
"Get in the goddamn room with the Warrens and sit down and finalize the contract and let’s get it signed.
"I don’t blame Tyson Fury for getting upset at what is happening.”2Hall of Famer Bob Arum with Tyson FuryCredit: Getty Images - Getty Topics
- Heavyweight boxing
- Anthony Joshua
- Eddie Hearn
- Tyson Fury
Everything to know about JJ Watt's wife, KealiaSHOCK ADMISSION
JJ Watt reveals major health scare after someone tried to leak private infoFeatureOFF-FIELD SCANDAL
Inside the wild Antonio Brown controversies after he flashed hotel guestsPicturedORANGE CRUSH
Paige VanZant sends fans wild as she poses in nothing but orange underwearFollow The SunServices
- Sign Up To The Sun
- About Us
- Editorial Complaints
- Clarifications and Corrections
- News Licensing
- Contact Us
- Help Hub
- Topic A-Z
- Cookie Settings
- Contact Preferences