Aug 05, 2022
Terrifying details emerge about brutal torture of girl, 12, held captive for a week after mom and brother dismembered
This news has been received from: the-sun.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
HORROR details are emerging about the brutal torture of a 12-year-old who was held captive for a week before her mom and brother were found dismembered.
Police in Alabama said that the child chewed her way out of restraints to escape, which led police to discover the bodies.3A booking photo released by the Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department shows José Paulino Pascual-Reyes at the jail in Dadeville, Alabama, on August 1, 2022Credit: AP 3Reyes allegedly smothered his girlfriend, Sandra Vazquez Ceja, with a pillowCredit: Facebook/Sandy Ceja 3Dismembered bodies of the mom and her son were found in the home where the girl, 12, was tied to a bed for a week, cops saidCredit: ABC 7
The girl was restrained to bedposts for about a week beginning July 24, according to a complaint filed in court.
The document obtained by CBS News alleges that she was abducted from an undisclosed location and restrained to the bed so she could be sexually abused.
The other two victims, Sandra Vazquez Ceja and her son, were killed around the time of the alleged abduction, according to the outlet.
José Paulino Pascual-Reyes, 37, is now charged with first-degree kidnapping in addition to capital murder and corpse abuse in the deaths of the mother and boy, who was under 14 years old.Read More on this Casehorror home 'Kidnapped' girl, 12, makes daring escape & leads cops to 2 decomposing bodies
The girl was allegedly kept in a "drugged state" with alcohol and hit in the head, according to CBS News.
She was found with damaged braces and marks on her wrists, walking by the side of the road in Tallapoosa County, Alabama on August 1.
A driver picked her up and called the police, who then discovered the bodies.
"She is safe now, and so we want to keep her that way," Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett said.Most read in The US SunCODE RED China 'convinced it needs to hit US with Pearl Harbor-style strike' over TaiwanSLEEP ON IT Kim shares 'embarrassing' fact about Chicago, 4, that hints she 'misses' Kanye'SO TOXIC' Meghan McCain reveals cruel comment ex cohost said that made her quit The ViewDITCHING SISTERS? Duggar fans think Joy-Anna is FEUDING with sisters after spotting 'clue'
According to arrest warrants obtained by CBS affiliate WRBL, police allege that Reyes killed and smothered his girlfriend, Ceja, with a pillow.
He allegedly killed her son by striking him with his hands and feet.
The bodies were found in a mobile home and had been cut into small pieces, authorities said.
It’s not known how long the bodies were inside the home.
According to the court documents, Ceja, 29, used an address that matched the location of the mobile home when she got traffic tickets for speeding and driving without a license in April.Read More on The US SunKIMYE FOREVER? Kim and Kanye are 'working things out' amid rumors they're back togetherSILLY SAUSAGE Image of distant star posted by top scientist was actually a piece of CHORIZO
The records did not reveal a defense attorney for Pascual-Reyes.
He is being held in the Tallapoosa County Jail.
News Source: the-sun.com
Youth sports coach Chris Flores charged with molesting teen athlete in O.C.
A well-known youth sports coach was charged Monday with molesting a 15-year-old girl, and investigators are asking for the public’s help finding possible additional victims.
Chris Flores, 37, who goes by the nickname Coach Frogg, pleaded not guilty Monday to four felony counts of committing a lewd act on a child and two counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object. He faces a maximum sentence of six years and four months in state prison if convicted.
Prosecutors allege that Flores molested the girl four times last year. Flores had coached her at STARS academy, which provides sports performance training to middle school athletes.
Flores’ defense attorney, Katherine Corrigan, said his legal team is “taking the charges very seriously” and will be doing their own investigation into the allegations.
“We will be vigorously defending him. They are just accusations, and we don’t have any of the evidence yet,” she said.
Police launched an investigation early this month after the girl told authorities that Flores had sexually assaulted her multiple times, including at the Calvary Chapel High School campus in Santa Ana where STARS rents space.
The teenager gave police a recording of a conversation she said she had with Flores last year, in which a man asked, “Did you delete anything?” and “Why don’t you want to go on a date?” Detectives suspect Flores was asking the girl to delete text messages between them, according to Santa Ana police.
Flores, of Bellflower, was arrested last week in Bakersfield. He is being held on $500,000 bail at the Theo Lacy jail facility in Orange.
“These athletes were there to train in an effort to excel at their sport, not to be victimized by a pedophile,” Orange County Dist. Atty. Todd Spitzer said in a prepared statement. “What happened to this young girl is horrific and the youth sports community as a whole has been victimized by the actions of a grown man who not only abused his victim but abused that position of trust.”
High School SportsYouth football coach Chris Flores arrested, accused of sexually assaulting a minor
A well-known youth coach in the Southern California prep football community was arrested by Bakersfield police after being accused of sexual assault by a minor.
After Flores was taken into custody, STARS founder Jason David posted a video statement to the organization’s Instagram account, saying he was supporting the Santa Ana police in its investigation. He wrote in the caption that STARS had “severed all ties” with Flores.
Flores reportedly has trained top area talent such as former St. John Bosco quarterback DJ Uiagalelei and current Los Alamitos star Malachi Nelson.
“I’m sick to my stomach. I’m disgusted. I’m outraged,” David said in the video. “To the young ladies who are speaking up and who are thinking about speaking up, I commend you guys. You guys are brave. I stand with you guys, and I just pray that justice is served.”
Authorities are asking anyone with additional information about Flores or additional potential victims to contact Santa Ana Police Det. Matthew Thomas at [email protected]
Times staff writer Luca Evans contributed to this report.