This news has been received from: CNN

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

mail: [NewsMag]

(CNN)Kevin Spacey will have to pay almost $31 million to Media Rights Capital, the production company behind "House of Cards," a judge has ruled. The actor starred in the Netflix series for five seasons before he was fired in 2017.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mel Red Recana made the ruling earlier this week, confirming an award that had been decided by an arbitrator last year.
CNN has obtained the court documents.Spacey and MRC have been battling in the years since the actor was dismissed from the production over allegations of misconduct on and off the set.
    Spacey starred as Frank Underwood on the Emmy-winning show, and MRC claims that having to cut him out of the sixth season of the show cost them millions of dollars and "rendered him (and his affiliated entities) liable."
      Spacey was fired from the TV show the day after CNN published its report in 2017, in which several current and former members of the "House of Cards" production staff came forward with allegations of sexual harassment. One person also accused Spacey, who was an executive producer on the series, of sexual assault.Read MoreShortly before CNN's report, actor Anthony Rapp told BuzzFeed News that the actor made a sexual advance toward him at a party in 1986 when he was 14 years old. MRC says it halted the production "to address any concerns of the show's cast and crew" in wake of the allegations, according to a 2021 filing and previously reported by CNN.Following Rapp's claims, Spacey issued a statement claiming he did not recall the incident and apologized for what he said would have been "deeply inappropriate drunken behavior."
          The Oscar winner is facing a criminal trial in London next year after being accused of sexually assaulting three men between 2005 and 2013. Spacey pleaded not guilty in July. CNN has reached out to Spacey's attorneys for comment.

          News Source: CNN

          Tags: production company the production allegations house of cards kevin spacey the show

          Driussi brace helps Austin earn 3-3 draw with Earthquakes

          Next News:

          I thought Prince Andrew was going to prison & Fergie didn’t have a penny – they owed me MILLIONS, says socialite

          A FRENCH socialite has settled a £7million lawsuit with Prince Andrew and Fergie because they "didn't have a penny" to pay back the millions owed to her, she claims.

          Former pal Isabelle de Rouvre, 74, said the decision by Andrew's ex to buy a £5million property in Mayfair was "incredible and unbelievable" as she thought Fergie "didn't have a penny" to her name.

          5Isabelle de Rouvre, 74, said it was 'unbelievable' the Yorks bought a new home despite owing her millions 5De Rouvre sold her Swiss Alps chalet to the Yorks in 2014 for £18mCredit: EPA 5Fergie and Prince Andrew settled their case with de RouvreCredit: Getty - Contributor

          Andrew and Sarah Ferguson bought de Rouvre's chalet in Verbier in 2014 for roughly £18million and promised to pay £5million in cash instalments, with interest.

          When the Yorks failed to pay up, the 74-year-old socialite took them to court.

          De Rouvre said the couple owed her a total of about £6.8million but an agreement was struck where she received £3.4million instead because she was told the Yorks were short of money, according to The Sunday Times.

          She claims the reason she didn't vehemently pursue the Royals for the full payment is because of Prince Andrew's legal battle with Jeffrey Epstein survivor Virginia Guiffre.

          READ MORE ON PRINCE ANDREWGRAND TASTES Mystery of Andrew's millionaire lifestyle - despite earning only £270k

          She thought the couple didn't have money and that Andrew "would be going to prison in America so I thought it best to get what I could", de Rouvre said.

          "I am outraged that I am now told she has spent millions on another property.

          "It is just incredible and the whole story unbelievable. It is a dirty story as far as I am concerned."

          Giuffre, a victim of sex trafficking at the hands of paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein, claimed Andrew raped and abused her when she was 17.

          Most read in The US SunBUS TRAGEDY 12 tourists killed as bus skids off motorway after driver 'falls asleep'BIG BUCKS I won the $1.6BILLION Powerball lottery jackpot - here is how I picked my numbersFIERY CARNAGE Ellen's ex critical with 'severe burns' as horror pics show fiery car crashCARRIER KILLERS China ‘rehearsing sinking US aircraft carriers with hypersonic missiles'

          Andrew has vehemently denied the claims against him and settle a civil suit brought forward by Giuffre. Andrew never faced any prospect of jail time.

          Fergie purchased her Mayfair mews home from Grosvenor Estates for £5million earlier this year and is thought to be an investment property for her daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.

          Details about the new ownership are yet to be published by the Land Registry.

          In 2010, Fergie said she was "continually on the verge of financial bankruptcy".

          There were reports she had £4.2million in debt during her 10-year marriage with Prince Andrew.

          "I thought she didn’t have a penny," de Rouvre said as she referenced the settlement she reached with the Yorks in November following a protracted and costly legal battle.

          The agreement meant the Royals could sell the chalet and use the proceeds to pay off some of the £10million believed to have been paid to Guiffre in their out-of-court settlement.

          The chalet was frozen by authorities because a Swiss couple said they were owed a "business debt" of £1.6million, according to local paper Le Temps.

          Andrew is said to be disputing the amount he owes the couple but doesn't deny the unpaid debt.

          De Rouvre told The Sun she had "run out of patience" over the unpaid loan on the Verbier estate, which is nestled in a well-to-do area of the Swiss Alps.

          Swiss sources say Isabelle rented her £22,000-a-week seven-bed Alpine chalet to royals including Prince Harry in the early 2010s.

          She became pals with Andrew and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, who stayed at the luxury bolthole in the Verbier ski resort in 2013.

          They bought it the next year for around £18million, with Isabelle lending them £5million for the deposit.

          However, Andrew and Fergie were unable to meet a deadline for repayment and are now being sued for £6.7million including interest.

          A friend of Isabelle’s told The Sun: “She has run out of patience.

          “She thought these people would be able to pay their debts.

          “She became a family friend because she would let Andrew and Sarah stay in her chalet before she sold it to them.

          "But they are hardly close friends any more.”

          Paris-born Isabelle, a mum of four and nan of seven, is the ex-wife of F1 and sugar tycoon Cyril de Rouvre.

          She is now dating French art dealer Michael Kennedy — former lover of Donald Trump’s ex-wife Ivana.

          Now back living in Verbier after several years on the Italian Riviera, she told The Sun: “The case is really very difficult. They have a lawyer and I have mine too.”

          Andrew and Fergie are believed to have tried to sell the chalet to pay off the debt by December 31 last year but could find no buyer.

          It is understood Swiss prosecutors can serve a summons if funds are not paid within 20 days.

          The property could then be seized and auctioned.

          Read More on The SunAISLE SAY! 'Tacky' bride slammed over wedding sign- can YOU spot what's got people talking?

          It is the latest crisis for the 60-year-old Duke of York.

          He stepped down as a senior royal after his car crash Epstein interview on Newsnight last November.

          5Andrew, Sarah and their two daughtersCredit: Getty 5Fergie is understood to have bought a £5m property in MayfairCredit: Louis Wood - The Sun

          Other News

          • Netflix is not in deep trouble. Its becoming a media company
          • I thought Prince Andrew was going to prison & Fergie didn’t have a penny – they owed me MILLIONS, says socialite
          • Britney Spears breaks her silence after ex reveals her sons have refused to see her for months
          • EMILY PRESCOTT: Vogue magazine chief Anna Wintour faces staff revolt over pay, contracts and union recognition
          • Detroit Asks to Push Legacy Pension Payment Schedule by 10 Years
          • Minneapolis Schools Spend $2 Million on Diversity in Math Curriculum
          • Out-of-State Doctors Apply for Ohio Licensure on Laws First Day
          • Analysis: Americans Will Pay for Bidens Draining of Emergency Oil Reserves