This news has been received from: dailyvoice.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

mail: [NewsMag]

A Maryland homeowner got an unexpected surprise when he was working on his truck and it suddenly went up in flames.

In Garrett County, shortly after 11 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 5 on Walnut Bottom Road in Swanton, the owner of a 2004 Ford Ranger was working on his vehicle when there was a mechanical malfunction, causing the truck to go up in flames, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

A team of eight firefighters from the Bloomington Volunteer Fire Company responded to the scene and were able to quickly knock down the flames within five minutes, though the truck suffered extensive damage.

The preliminary cause of the fire was determined to be a mechanical malfunction with the fuel injector that happened while the owner was performing maintenance work on the truck.

In total, the fire did an estimated $5,000 in damage to the truck. No injuries were reported.

News Source: dailyvoice.com

Tags: was working up in flames

Terrifying images show giant great white sharks swimming just yards from US coast after beaches closed

Next News:

Apartment fire in SE displaces 12

Twelve people have been displaced from their apartments after a fire Saturday night in Southeast D.C.

It was reported at 9:13 p.m. in the 4000 block of South Capitol Street.

  • More D.C. News
  • More Local News

D.C. Fire and EMS said the fire happened in a unit on the second floor of a two-story apartment building.

No one was hurt, but because of water damage and the utilities being cut off, 12 are displaced and the Red Cross is helping them.

About 60 firefighters responded to the scene.

A fire occurred in the 4000 block of South Capitol Street in Southeast. (Courtesy DC Fire & EMS)

Other News

  • Anne Heche crash: Ellen DeGeneres’ ex seen ‘speeding in Mini Cooper in chilling doorbell cam vid moments before smash’
  • Apartment fire in SE displaces 12