This news has been received from: Heavy.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

mail: [NewsMag]

Getty Xavi could be handed another summer signing.

Barcelona have enjoyed a hectic summer transfer window so far, spending big on Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski, and Jules Kounde, and the Catalans may not have finished splashing the cash yet either.

Xavi’s side are “very close” to signing Chelsea left-back Marcos Alonso, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.

The Spaniard will arrive to provide competition for Jordi Alba on the left of the defense.

Alonso is expected to sign a two-year deal with the option for one more at the Camp Nou, as reported by Diario Sport. Barcelona will pay “less than €10 million” for the 31-year-old.

Chelsea appear willing to let Alonso leave after landing former Barcelona defender Marc Cucurella from Premier League rivals Brighton & Hove Albion. The Blues have splashed out £55 million (€65m/$67m) plus a potential £7m in add-ons for the defender.

Follow the Heavy on Barcelona Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors and content!

Alonso Says Goodbye To Chelsea?

Alonso has already said his goodbyes to Chelsea after training with the team on Friday, August 5, as reported by Mundo Deportivo. The defender is expected to travel to Barcelona over the weekend to finalize his move to the Camp Nou.

The veteran has pressured Chelsea into allowing him to return to Spain because he wants to be closer to his family after eight years in England with Sunderland and the Blues.

If Alonso does make the switch then he will follow in his father’s footsteps. Alonso senior also played for the Catalan giants back in the 1980s, winning a La Liga title and the Copa del Rey during his five years at the club.

Barca Open Up On Azpilicueta

Barca had also been linked with a move for Alonso’s Chelsea teammate Cesar Azpilicueta this summer. However, the right-back has since signed a new two-year deal with the Premier League side.

Sporting director Mateu Alemany has spoken about Azpilicueta at a news conference and admitted Barca did have an agreement with the Spain international but could not quite get a deal over the line, as reported by Romano.

“We had an agreement with Azpilicueta on personal terms but Chelsea didn’t want to sell him,” explained Alemany. “We have other options but I can’t mention any names.”

It’s not clear if Barca will make any further signings due to their ongoing financial issues. Indeed the Catalans are still waiting to hear if they can register their new signings with La Liga, although president Joan Laporta is feeling confident, as reported by Diario Sport.

“We have done the job well and we believe we meet all the requirements. The documentation is all submitted and we are waiting for the response from LaLiga,” he said. “There may be some disparity, but we understand that there will be no problems because we have complied with everything and the players will be able to register. If not, we are prepared to apply the fourth lever and we will do so.”

Barcelona will certainly be hoping La Liga give the new signings the green light, particularly as the start of the new season is just over a week away. The team’s first match of the new campaign is against Rayo Vallecano on Saturday, August 13.

READ NEXT: ‘Today I Must Say Goodbye:’ Barcelona Star Confirms Exit

News Source: Heavy.com

Tags: sports breaking news 5 fast facts crime politics shopping two year deal an agreement premier league barcelona is expected the camp nou the defender the catalans the defender new signings

Jesse Lingard and Jack Colback look baffled as they try to read note given to them by manager in Nottingham Forest loss

Next News:

‘Allow him to go’ – Wayne Rooney tells Man Utd to let Cristiano Ronaldo quit – and tells them who to sign as new No9

WAYNE ROONEY has urged Manchester United to let Cristiano Ronaldo quit Old Trafford - and tells them what type of striker they should be looking for.

The former Derby manager struck up a glorious partnership with Ronaldo during their time together at the club during the noughties.

2Ronaldo has made clear his ambition to play for a club in the Champions League this seasonCredit: EPA 2Rooney and Ronaldo used to terrify Premier League defences between 2006 and 2009Credit: Getty

Now the new DC United boss has cast his eye over the troubles of his former teammate, who had been agitating to leave the club earlier this summer during his second spell in Manchester.

United have held firm and they have been helped by the fact huge clubs like Chelsea and Atletico Madrid have turned down the chance to bring in the 37-year-old.

Uncertainty hangs over the forward ahead of Erik ten Hag's Premier League opener today against Brighton, especially following Ronaldo's pre-season antics.

But Rooney has suggested it will be in both party's interest to let him leave.

READ MORE IN MAN UNITEDRED DEVILS LATEST Leroy Sane is shock Man Utd target, Ronaldo 'in talks' with Galatasaray

He wrote in his Sunday Times column: "United are doing everything to bring Frenkie de Jong in and they could certainly do with a midfielder. A No. 9 too

"I think United should let Cristiano Ronaldo go.

"It’s not that Ronaldo can’t play in a Ten Hag team. He can play in any team. Ronny will always score you goals.

"But my personal view is that United aren’t ready to challenge for the title now, so the aim has to be to build a team that can win the league in the next three to four years, and you have to plan for that."

Most read in Premier LeagueBABY BOMBSHELL Khloe's baby daddy Tristan breaks silence hours after welcoming second childBUS TRAGEDY 12 tourists killed as bus skids off motorway after driver 'falls asleep'BIG BUCKS I won the $1.6BILLION Powerball lottery jackpot - here is how I picked my numbersFIERY CARNAGE Ellen's ex critical with 'severe burns' as horror pics show fiery car crash

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS - BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

Rooney, 36, adds that United should be looking for a no.9 who they can build on over the long-term.

He said: "If the reports are true that Cristiano wants to leave the club, then United should allow him to go and get a No. 9 in who is going to be there for the next three or four years and really help them build a team that can be successful.

"Ten Hag has to be given time to do it."

United have been linked to multiple strikers in the last few weeks of this transfer window.

Marko Arnautovic has been tipped with making a shock switch to Manchester from Bologna.

The former West Ham forward, 33, has scored 15 goals in 34 appearances in Serie A since arriving at the beginning of last season.

Ten Hag's team have also been been linked to Stuttgart star Sasa Kalajdzic.

He is the tallest striker in the Bundesliga at 6ft, 6in and the Premier League side have reportedly held "initial talks".

There's also the chance that United may just settle with what they have following Anthony Martial's encouraging pre-season.

But he won't be involved against the Seagulls today due to his injury, opening the door for a Ronaldo appearance.

Other News

  • Teen Mom Kailyn Lowry claps back at troll after shes slammed as gross for her fillers following major transformation
  • ‘Allow him to go’ – Wayne Rooney tells Man Utd to let Cristiano Ronaldo quit – and tells them who to sign as new No9