Aug 05, 2022
The Voice Finalist Recalls Scary Injury After Falling Off Stage on Live TV
This news has been received from: Heavy.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
NBC "The Voice" on NBC
“The Voice” runner-up Wendy Moten tripped on a monitor and fell down during season 21 of the show, causing a quick commercial break and later resulting in surgery for the singer.
“My elbow is jacked up,” she told People at the time. “It’s shattered. It’s no good. I have to have surgery to put metal plates and bolts and things. So I’m amazed that I was able to still keep going with that knowledge.”Moten Provided an Update on Her Injuries View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Wendy Moten (@wendymoten)
Now, Moten is providing an update on her injuries. She spoke with People once again after her surgery.
According to the interview, she also had a broken right elbow and a piece of bone on her left hand. She also had a fractured wrist following the fall.
“I couldn’t use my arms at all,” she told the outlet. “It was a unique situation.”
When it came to the surgery, she shared that her elbow is “still crooked.”
“They put a titanium piece in my elbow to keep my arm together,” she shared, adding that she has to go to physical therapy three times each week. “Right now, my elbow is still crooked, and my fingers are crooked, but with the occupational therapy and the physical therapy I’m currently undergoing, I hope everything gets back to normal soon.”Moten Recently Finished Her Tour
Moten was out on tour for the latter part of the month of July, performing in multiple venues across Alabama, Illinois, Iowa, North Carolina and Virgina.
She is currently on tour with singer Vince Gill, meaning she’s been able to make connections with an audience outside of her own, she told People.
“I would say 90% never heard of me before and the other 10% saw me on ‘The Voice,'” she shared with the outlet. “Nevertheless, I’ve been blessed to get these standing ovations every show. So, obviously they are listening, and I am just so moved that they stay on their feet. I’m making that connection with them. That’s always been the dream … to move people and do something to their spirit and keep them listening.”
Moten may also work with Blake Shelton, who was her coach on “The Voice,” in the future.
In an Instagram post published on December 21, 2021, Moten updated fans and let them know that something may be in the works.
“Counting the days until I have fully recovered from my elbow surgery so I can get back to work finishing recording my new music and performing live!!” Moten wrote.
She added, “I’ll most definitely keep you all posted, and I hope there’s something in the works with @blakeshelton too!!! Fingers crossed!!!”
Though the tease is just that, a tease of what may be to come in the future, it’s definitely a possibility that the two could collaborate and make something amazing. Coaches have worked with former contestants in the past, most recently when Kelly Clarkson teamed up for a duet with “The Voice” winner Jake Hoot in 2021.
Moten lost “The Voice” to Team Kelly’s trio Girl Named Tom.
“The Voice” is set to return to NBC in the fall of 2022. The season will feature coaches Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Camila Cabello, and John Legend.
READ NEXT: Fans Beg Kelly Clarkson to Duet With Superstar After Talk-Show Interview
News Source: Heavy.com
Frank Reich Fears Colts Rookie Has Suffered Major Injury
Getty Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich saw one of his rookies suffer a non-contract injury on August 17.
One of the most impressive rookies during Indianapolis Colts training camp has been tight end Drew Ogletree. Even as a sixth-round pick, he emerged this summer as a candidate to be Indianapolis’ top rookie for the 2022 season.
But now, the organization will be holding their breathe, just hoping Ogletree will play this fall.
According to multiple reporters, Ogletree suffered a non-contact injury in his right leg during practice on August 17. He will undergo an MRI either August 17 or 18, so there’s no definitive diagnosis of his injury.
However, Reich’s outlook on the injury was rather negative when he spoke to reporters about it after practice. Reich told the media, “It didn’t look good.”
Actually said ‘it didn’t look good.’ https://t.co/q8h5PrBVnZ
— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51) August 17, 2022
Ogletree gets helped off. Barely putting any pressure on his right leg. https://t.co/nis7zbNkuY
— Kevin Bowen (@KBowen1070) August 17, 2022
The Colts drafted Ogletree at No. 192 overall in the 2021 NFL Draft.
ALL the latest Colts news straight to your inbox! Join the Heavy on Colts newsletter here!
Join Heavy on Colts!