Aug 05, 2022
Transportation | Relatively new policy at DMV can impact thousands of Californians: Roadshow
This news has been received from: mercurynews.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Q: Hola, Gary. I write to interest you in a new policy at the DMV that few people know about, but one that can impact thousands of Californians. Here goes:
In February 2020, my former extern at the Superior Court, who went on to become an amazing appellate attorney in SF, was being treated for an aggressive form of breast cancer.When her driver’s license expired, she had lost all of her hair, was practically bald, and understandably, did not want to have her photo taken for her license renewal, a requirement at the time.
She asked that the DMV use her existing photo (pre-cancer treatment). The DMV refused. So, she launched a one-woman campaign to get the California DMV to change its policy to allow drivers whose physical appearances had changed due to medical treatments (e.g. radiation, chemotherapy) to use their existing photos on file when renewing their licenses. On February 1, 2021, the DMV changed its photo policy to do just that.
That policy has been in effect for just over a year now, but practically no one knows about it. Hopefully, Mr. Roadshow will put the word out. I have cc’d my terrific extern, Kathryn Collier, who has won her battle with cancer, and who is my shero. Gracias!
Judge LaDoris Cordell (retired)
A: Judge Cordell is one of the most respected officials in the Bay Area. Thanks to her for helping us understand this important change the DMV has made. And I’m so glad your extern won her battle with cancer.Related Articles
- Transportation | The pedestrian in the parking lot gave me a dirty look. Was I wrong?
- Transportation | Calls for speed cameras hit another legal speed bump: Roadshow
- Transportation | What is going on with the crazy striping on this San Jose street?
- Transportation | Roadshow’s EV Week continues with trip tips and more from the EV King
- Transportation | Roadshow’s EV Week continues with a nail-biter in the Texas desert
Q: I just renewed my driver’s license online. The next day I got a letter from the DMV saying to come into the office for a vision test. I went back to DMV website and it says 70-year-old folks do not have to come in, thanks to the governor exempting them through Dec. 31. What in the world is the correct information?
Charles Shoemaker, Sunnyvale
A: A DMV representative has reached out to Charles directly and clarified that he does not need to visit a DMV field office for this renewal. Eligible Californians age 70 and older can renew their noncommercial driver’s license or identification (ID) cards online or by mail until Dec. 31, 2022 without a visit to their local DMV office, even if their renewal notice states a visit to a DMV field office is required.
Californians age 70 and older applying for a REAL ID for the first time will still need to visit a field office to complete the application. Drivers and ID cardholders can shorten these in-person visits by starting the REAL ID application online and uploading the required documents before visiting a field office.
Look for Gary Richards at Facebook.com/mr.roadshow or contact him at email@example.com.
News Source: mercurynews.com
Tags: mr roadshow opinion columnists cartoons pac 12 hotline celebrities mr roadshow pm report regional traffic transportation driver’s license roadshow’s ev californians age need to visit a field office new policy
Genshin Impact Layla Build: Best Weapons, Artifacts, and Teams
LAYLA is a recent edition to Genshin Impact, and her sleepy combat style has resonated with fans.
She has powerful shields that protect her as she sleeps, and has a long-lasting and low cost Elemental Burst for extra power.1Layla is a cryo fighter.Credit: HoYoVerse
If you want to use this tired Cryo legend in battle, then we have a few tips for you.
Here’s how to best equip Layla, to get her ready for battle in Genshin Impact.Best weapons for Layla in Genshin Impact
Layla is not a big damage dealer, and her powers are more based on the ability to produce Cryo effects and shield.
Her skills scale with her Max HP, and so her build should be based around this.More in Genshin ImpactGEO DADDY How to equip Zhongli to become a powerhouse in Genshin ImpactBIG DAMAGE How to make Raiden Shogun powerful with these weapons
Elemental Mastery and Energy Recharge will make her reactions more devastating, and compensate for her weak particle generation.
The Key Of Khaj-Nisut, a recent five-star sword, is Layla's best choice.
Not only does the sword boost her HP tremendously, but it triggers an effect that increases the Elemental Mastery of the entire squad based on the wielder’s maximum HP.
Alternative weapons for Layla are:
- Freedom-Sworn (five-star sword) – increases Elemental Mastery, and increases Attack of the entire team.
- Favonius Sword (four-star sword) – increases Energy Recharge, and creates energy particles.
As Layla relies so heavily on her Max HP and shields, Tenacity of the Millelith is the best artifact set for her.
At two pieces, her HP will increase by 20%, and four pieces will increase the attack and shield efficiency of the team.
A full set of Noblesse Oblige is the only other choice that makes sense.
This is how the sub stats should ideally look like:
- Plume: Attack (main stat), HP%, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Flower: HP (main stat), HP%, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Sands: HP% (main stat), Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage (sub stats).
- Goblet: HP% (main stat), Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage (sub stats).
- Circlet: HP% (main stat), Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage (sub stats).
Layla works well in teams based on Freeze reactions and physical damage.
- Ayaka (Main DPS), Yelan (Sub DPS), Layla (Support), Kokomi (Support)
This team has two Cryo and Hydro characters creating strong elemental resonance.
Hydro resonance works particularly well as it will increase Layla’s HP. Ayaka will be the damage dealer here, with others offering off-field support.
If you don’t have these four, Yelan can be replaced by Xingqiu, and Barbara can replace Kokomi.
- Eula (Main DPS), Shenhe (Sub DPS), Layla (Support), Shinobu (Support)
- Keqing (Main DPS), Fischl (Sub DPS), Layla (Support), Dori (Support)
These teams rely on physical damage, with Layla providing shield support, and Cryo/Electro reactions.
- Hu Tao (Main DPS), Yelan (Sub DPS), Xingqiu (Sub DPS), Layla (Support)
Melt teams are another use for Layla, who again benefits from Hydro Resonance in this group.
Instead of Hu Tao, characters like Diluc or Yoimiya are strong options as primary DPS characters.
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered...
- All the video game releases in 2022
- Can you play PS4 games on PS5?
- All of the Call of Duty games in order
- Every Assassin's Creed game in order
- All the GTA 5 mods and cheats
- What are the Pokemon Go Eevee Evolutions?
- Everything you need to know about Roblox
- Who created Fortnite?
- Most popular Roblox games
- How to get free Robux
- How many people play Fortnite?
- Best PS4 games with free PS5 upgrades
- Who is the highest-paid Twitch streamer?
Get all of the latest PS5, Xbox and other video game news here
- Gaming Releases
- Gaming Tips
- Genshin Impact
- Video Games
Google begins paying users refunds – and some are getting more than expectedHIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT
People are just noticing four mind-blowing iPhone secretsBARGAIN BOX
Black Friday Deals: Xbox Series X at its lowest ever priceHot DealsHEY ALEXA
Amazon device deals: Huge savings this Black FridayFollow The SunServices
- Sign Up To The Sun
- About Us
- Editorial Complaints
- Clarifications and Corrections
- News Licensing
- Contact Us
- Help Hub
- Topic A-Z
- Cookie Settings
- Contact Preferences