According to the "wtop.com"

Aug 05, 2022

Tuesday, Oct 04, 2022 - 15:39:57

Musk countersuit accuses Twitter of fraud

This news has been received from: wtop.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

mail: [NewsMag]

Elon Musk accused Twitter of fraud in a countersuit over his aborted $44 billion deal for the social media company, which he said held back necessary information and misled his team about its true user base, according to media reports.

According to The Washington Post, the countersuit filed by the billionaire and Tesla CEO filed Thursday alleges that Twitter committed fraud, breach of contract and violation of the Texas Securities Act.

Musk’s counterclaims were filed confidentially last week and unsealed in a filing late Thursday at the Delaware Chancery Court, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Musk had offered to buy the company earlier this year, then tried to back out of the deal by claiming the social platform was infested with much larger numbers of “spam bots” and fake accounts than Twitter had disclosed.

Twitter sued to force him to complete the acquisition. Musk responded by filing his countersuit.

Musk’s attorneys argued that Twitter’s own disclosures revealed that it has 65 million fewer “monetizable daily active users,” who can be shown digital ads, than the 238 million that Twitter claims, the Post and the Journal reported.

The filing also said most of Twitter’s ads are shown only to a sliver of the company’s user base, the Post said.

In an unexpected twist, Twitter filed its response denying Musk’s accusations before Musk’s own counterclaims surfaced.

Twitter called Musk’s reasoning “a story, imagined in an effort to escape a merger agreement that Musk no longer found attractive.”

The case is scheduled to go to trial on October 17.

Copyright © 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.

News Source: wtop.com

Tags: journal reported twitter of fraud that twitter the company

Author William Doyle on New Book Spotlighting Sen. Orrin Hatchs Standout Nonpartisan Legislation

Next News:

Sneako Banned From YouTube: Popular Streamer Speaks Out Moves to Twitch After Ban

Getty Popular streamer Sneako has been banned from YouTube.

Sneako has been banned from YouTube. The popular streamer posted the message he received from YouTube about the ban on Instagram in a post he has since deleted. Sneako had more than 1.2 million subscribers on his account. He has previously been banned from Twitter and TikTok, according to his social media posts. YouTube and its parent company, Google, did not immediately respond to a request from Heavy for information on why Sneako was banned.

On Instagram, Sneako shared a screenshot of the email he received from YouTube. The email notified him, “We have reviewed your content and found severe or repeated violations of our Community Guidelines. Because of this, we have removed your channel from YouTube.” The email did not specify what guidelines Sneako is accused of violating.

The email added, “We know this is probably upsetting news, but it’s our job to make sure that YouTube is a safe place for all. IF we think a channel severely violates our policies, we take it down to protect other users on the platform – but if you believe we’ve made the wrong call, you can appeal this decision.” It was not immediately clear if Sneako plans to appeal.

Sneako Has Created a New Channel on Twitch & Says He Will Be Streaming There View this post on Instagram

A post shared by SNEAKO (@sneako)

On Instagram, Sneako directed his fans to a new channel on Twitch. He wrote in an October 3, 2022, post, “Banned on twitter, tik tok, now youtube. This is where I’ll be streaming for now.” The channel currently has about 6,000 followers.

On Reddit, users reacted to Sneako’s YouTube ban in the subreddit “LiveStream Fail.” One Redditor wrote, “It was a matter of time. The guy was diving head first down some really touchy/insane conspiracy rabbit holes.” Another said, “he flew too close to crazy. the problem is you get mad numbers until you get cancelled.”

Other Redditors pointed out Sneako’s recent association with Andrew Tate, a British social media personality who was banned from YouTube and other platforms. According to The Guardian, “Tate’s views have been described as extreme misogyny by domestic abuse charities, capable of radicalising men and boys to commit harm offline.”

The 24-Year-Old Connecticut Native Said He Began Streaming on YouTube When He Was a Teen & Was Sad That He Will No Longer Be on the Platform View this post on Instagram

A post shared by SNEAKO (@sneako)

Sneako, whose real name is Nico Kenn De Balinthazy, is a 24-year-old from Connecticut. He has been on YouTube and creating content on social media since he was a teen. Sneako talked about being banned on the FreshandFit podcast on October 3.

“Most recently canceled man on the internet. They got me on Twitter, TikTok and now YouTube,” Sneako said. “They banned my main channel. It’s a bit of a disappointment. I grew up on YouTube. I started there when I was 13 years old, I started making videos. Nine years of videos n my main channel, Sneako, all gone. But you can go find them. It’s good that I backed them all up on Rumble. … I’m not going anywhere.”

Along with his own streaming, Sneako offers aspiring creators workshops that he says will help them make money from YouTube and social media. On his website, The Creativity Kit, Sneako wrote, “From 9 years on Youtube, working for MrBeast, and getting cancelled weekly. I’ve figured out the formula for anyone to profit off of social media.” Sneako charges $50 per month for the service, according to his website. That includes his “blueprint to making money as a creator through a library of training videos,” along with weekly community calls and access to a community Discord server, the website explains.

Other News

  • Hallmark Star Shocks Fans With Heartbreaking News
  • Angelina Jolie Accuses Brad Pitt of ‘Choking’ Kid in Plane Fight
  • Brad Pitt allegedly choked, hit frightened kids in Angelina Jolie plane fight
  • Florida parents and doctors revolt after student-athletes asked to report history of menstrual periods
  • PHOTOS: Former ‘Bachelorette’ Winner Shares Major News ‘Exactly How I Imagined It’
  • HGTVs Rock the Block Returns: Celebrity Teams Kick Off Competition
  • Long Island Medium fans go wild over Theresa Caputo’s ‘handsome’ son Larry, 32, in rare photo of star’s eldest child
  • ESPNs Domonique Foxworth Accuses NFL Fans of Hypocrisy With Outcry Over Tua Tagovailoa: Theyre Pretending Like They Give a Damn
  • Dozen PA Residents Charged In Federal $1 Million Social Security Fraud Case
  • KNOW THEM? Police Seek ID For Fraud Suspects At Mercer County TJ Maxx
  • Lesley Beador’s Ex Obtained Restraining Order Against David Beador Before Split
  • Mastercard pushes deeper into crypto with new tool for combating fraud
  • Josh Duggar finally files appeal in child pornography case from prison after several extensions due to ‘complex case’
  • Letters to the Editor | Letters: Housing ills | Chen for controller | Eshoos record | Guns arent needed | Medicare fraud | Iranian women
  • Texas GOP AG Ken Paxton’s office dysfunctional with child porn and shady political dealings
  • The Onion Files Hilariously Epic Amicus Brief in SCOTUS Case of Man Arrested for Parody Facebook Posts Mocking Cops
  • Lesley Beadors ex got temporary restraining order against David Beador
  • JUST IN: Trump Officially Sues CNN For Defamation, Seeks $475 Million in Punitive Damages
  • Bowie Man Convicted For Recruiting Investors For $28M Ponzi Scheme