Feb 01, 2022
Madeleine McCann ‘investigators’ hand over ‘crucial evidence’ to prosecutors that ‘could help snare suspect Christian B’
This news has been received from: the-sun.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
MADELEINE McCann "investigators" have handed over "crucial evidence" to prosecutors that could help snare prime suspect Christian B.
Speaking to The Sun, press spokesperson Hans-Christian Wolters confirmed that the SAT.1 documentary team had handed over its material when it came to conduct an interview at the public prosecution office.3Christian B sent twisted letters to investigators from prison 3Three-year-old Maddie McCann disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment in Portugal in 2007
The 45-year-old convicted rapist was sensationally named as the prime suspect for Maddie's disappearance almost two years ago, with prosecutors even suspecting he had murdered her.
But since then there has been little progress, with no sign of him being charged with any involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine.
The three-year-old vanished from her parent's Kate and Gerry's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve coast in May 2007.
Now in a series of letters to a German TV station and broadcast on Monday night, Christian B dismissed the case against him.
He wrote: "Even if at the moment attempts are being made to create a shattering overall picture of me with bought-in witnesses, it is the essential questions, the decisive questions, that will never be answered with a 'yes'.
"Was I or my vehicle clearly seen near the crime scene on the night of the crime? Are there DNA traces of me at the crime scene?Most read in US NewsGREAT LIGHT Cheslie Kryst death latest - Miss USA 2019's family pay tributeTRAGIC FALL Onlookers 'traumatized' at seeing blood on sidewalk after Miss USA 'suicide'BEAUTY QUEEN TRAGEDY Miss USA's 'suicide' seen in horror video as witnesses share shockSICK TAUNTS Miss USA was trolled & told she 'wasn't pretty enough' before 'suicide'
“Are there DNA traces of the injured party in my vehicle? Are there any other traces of the damaged party in my possession? Photos? And, not to forget, is there a dead body?
"This public propaganda against me has been going on for (almost a year and a half now). However, I myself have not been heard on a single accusation so far."
In another letter Christian B said it would have been "absurd" for him to have abducted the little girl because it would have put his drug dealing business at risk.
???? Read our Madeleine McCann live blog for the very latest updates...
He said: "I was never caught by the police because I followed a few key principles.
“Where possible, only driving during the day so that my battered 'hippy bus' didn't attract attention, only driving on the roads I needed to and, most importantly, never provoking the police.
“So that means not committing any crimes, certainly not abducting anyone.
"Having said that, this was just as absurd to me at the time as starting a nuclear war or slaughtering a chicken."
He added: "I see no reason to comment on the accusations made by the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office. In theory, I could sit back and relax and just wait for the findings."
The letters were part of a programme broadcast last night on German TV station Sat 1.
An earlier episode of the revealed Christian B worked as a repairman at the holiday apartments where she was snatched.
He is said to have been called out "repeatedly" to the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz and was "very familiar" with the layout.
Christian B currently serving a seven year sentence for the rape of a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz a year before Madeleine vanished
He is also being probed over a series of rapes and sex attacks on the Algarve.
His lawyer Friedrich Fulscher has previously told The Sun: "For almost two years this has carried on - for the sake of the McCann's and my client the prosecutor office should say what the evidence is."
Fulscher has declined to comment about the new material being handed over to German prosecutors.3Hans Christian Wolters confirmed receiving the new material from SAT.1Credit: The Sun
News Source: the-sun.com
Warriors Star Klay Thompson Called Out as Worst Value
Getty Klay Thompson of the Golden State Warriors.
For a long time, it felt like the Golden State Warriors could do no wrong. Last year was more of the same in that regard, as they managed to march all the way to their fourth championship in eight years behind the leadership of their star trio.
There have been a lot of questions this summer due to their impending financial decisions, but while the business side of things may be cloudy, they’re heading into the season with a clear goal – defending their championship. However, that doesn’t mean they don’t have any problems on the roster.
In a recent article, Andy Bailey of Bleacher Report discussed the best and worst contracts on every roster in terms of value. For the Warriors, Kevon Looney was listed as the best, but the worst was Klay Thompson, who made his return to the court last season.
“This almost feels like basketball blasphemy.
“Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters of all time and will almost certainly be in the Hall of Fame whenever’s he’s eligible.
“But a 32-year-old with a torn ACL and ruptured Achilles in his recent injury history brings concerns similar to those detailed with MPJ.
“There’s at least a chance durability becomes an issue in the next couple years,” Bailey wrote.
24 days until ring night.
Here's Klay Thompson hitting 24 threes in a row in practicepic.twitter.com/HxTkOSpHtY
— ???????????????????? (@klaylmao) September 24, 2022
As noted, calling Thompson the worst at anything feels wrong, but with Golden State’s current contract situation, it’s not ideal to have a 32-year-old Thompson making upward of $40 million coming off of two major injuries.
That being said, while his contract may not be ideal, some believe he could take a major step this year.Thompson Could Return to Normal
On September 19, CJ Holmes of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote an article about Thompson’s expectations heading into next year. And while he played well in his return season, Holmes thinks he could be even better in the upcoming season.
“Thompson has had plenty of time to get his legs back under him this offseason, and it should result in greater patience offensively and better efficiency.
“While it might be tough for him to match his 2017-18 splits, him shooting at least 45% from the field and 42% from deep feels possible. Defensively, last postseason proved that he can still hold his own,” Holmes wrote.
Klay Thompson on Instagram live (from the boat) one day before Warriors training camp starts: “2023, I’m not making any promises but I like our chances.”
Steve Kerr said yesterday that Klay is in a great place physically, mentally, spiritually right now. Watch out NBA #dubnation pic.twitter.com/jDRuh1qNzZ
— Kylen Mills (@KylenMills) September 23, 2022
But Thompson doesn’t just have the confidence of the media. Steve Kerr also spoke about how Thompson should be more consistent next year.Kerr: ‘Expect Him to Be More Consistent’
For a player coming off of two season-ending injuries, Thompson looked pretty good last season. But Kerr believes that, thanks to an offseason of training, Thompson should be more consistent this season.
“Klay is just on cloud nine right now,” Kerr said during an interview with Damon and Ratto of 95.7 The Game. “He can’t wait for camp to start, and I would expect him to be more consistent this year, just having that conditioning base underneath him, and that consistency of good health and being able to train all summer.”
While he may never get back to his peak form, the trio of Stephen Curry, Draymond Green, and Thompson is still good enough to compete for titles, especially with the elite core Golden State has put around them.